- VISA & CONSULAR SERVICES
- PASSPORT SERVICES
- ABOUT EMBASSY
- PASSPORT INFORMATION
- NEPAL MYANMAR RELATION
- INVESTMENT & TRADE
- USEFUL LINKS
- NEPAL PHOTOS
- PHOTO GALLERY
NAMASTE AND WELCOME TO THE EMBASSY OF NEPAL , MYANMAR
Nepal's links with Myanmar date back some 150 years. Buddhism is the common factor that has brought our two countries even closer. Bilateral relations between Nepal and Myanmar are based on goodwill, friendship and mutual understanding.
Nepal and Myanmar established diplomatic relations on 19 March, 1960 at Ambassadorial level.
Exchange of visits from Nepal
- Late King Mahendra paid a state visit to Myanmar in April 1970.
- Late King Birendra also paid an unofficial visit in March, 1980.
- The then Prime Minister Mr. Kirti Nidhi Bista visited Myanmar in 1980.
- Foreign Minister, Mr. Chakra Prasad Bastola came to Myanmar in 2001 to attend BIMSTEC Ministerial meeting.
- Honorable Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sujata Koirala visited Myanmar from 10-11 December 2009, in connection with the BIMSTEC Ministerial meeting.
Nepal's GDP grew by 4.0 per cent in 2009, after 4.7 per cent growth the previous calendar year. Inflation in 2009 was 13.2 per cent. Average annual population growth over the past decade was 2.3 per cent.Over 80 per cent of the economically active........... More »
Government has taken steps to restructure the economy by introducing measures such as tax reform, massive privatisation of public enterprises, dismantling Investment & Trade barriers, liberalising the foreign exchange system................................. More »
Nepal became a member of World Trade Organization (WTO) in 2004, the first least-developed country (LDC) to join the WTO through the full working party process and is in process to amend or adopt certain laws and regulations consistent........... More »